In the headlines:
The French Minister of Research and Higher Education Genevieve Fioraso has created a new Economics Expert Panel, involving Franck PORTIER, professor of economics at TSE.
This committee should develop and propose recommendations for the role of economic science in higher education. Reports are expected by March 2014.
- The French Ministry in charge of SMEs, Innovation and the Digital Economy has appointed Jacques CREMER to join a commission
to analyze the economic, technical,legal and social aspects of the gradual shift of the copper network to the fiber optic networks. The report should be made before march 2014.
- The TNIT Chair published its last newsletter "JUNE 2013" . This issue features an interview with new TNIT member Matthew Gentzkow, an article by Renato Gomes on the design of auctions for selling advertising space,
and a piece by TNIT member Daron Acemoglu on the economic approach to network security.
Eric Maskin (Nobel Prize 2007) received the award of the Prize Jean-Jacques Laffont 2013 by Mrs Colette Laffont. The Jean-Jacques Laffont
prize, created by the city of Toulouse in partnership with the Institut d'Economie Industrielle (IDEI), has been awarded every year to a senior economist of international renown
whose research combines theorical and empirical aspects, in the spirit of the late Professor Laffont.
Marc Ivaldi, presents a new IDEI report on "Individual Electric Mobility:Pioneering concepts, first experiences, future challenges".
Recent Advances in Set Identification: Theory and Applications, Toulouse, France, 13-14 December 2013.
Conference in honour of André Grimaud , Toulouse, France, 20 December 2013.
SCOR and IDEI Conference on Extreme Events and Uncertainty in Insurance and Finance, Paris, France, 14 January 2014.
Eighth bi-annual Postal Economics conference on E-commerce, Digital Economy and Delivery services, Toulouse, France, 3-4 April 2014.
5th French Econometrics Conference , Toulouse, France, 14-15 november 2013.
PRI-CDC Academic Network Conference 2013 (Chaire IDEI/FDIR), Paris 15 november 2013
TIGER FORUM 2013 , Toulouse, France, 5-8 June 2013.
Workshop in Honor of Eric Maskin 2013 J.-J. Laffont Prize Winner, Topic in Elections and Mechanism Design , Toulouse, France, 5 june 2013.
19th IDEI Annual Lecture and Jean-Jacques Laffont Prize 2013, awarded to Eric S. Maskin , Toulouse, France, 6 june 2013.
Financial Econometrics Conference , Toulouse, France, 17-18 May 2013.
Conference on Standards-Essential Patents , Toulouse, France, 16 May 2013.
High Frequency Trading , Paris, France, 18-19 April 2013.
- On 2 December, Christian GOLLIER received the 2013 Institute of France "Édouard Bonnefous Foundation" Prize.
- Stefan AMBEC Research Director at INRA and IDEI and TSE Researcher, has been appointed co-editor of the scientific journal "Environmental and Resource Economics".
- Patrick REY IDEI and TSE Researcher and Professor of Economics received European Research Council funding for his research whose acronym is "COOPETITION" (Cooperation and competition in vertical relations: the business strategies and industry oversight of supply agreements and buying pattern).
EDF and Thomas-Olivier LEAUTIER are delighted to announce that they are prize-winners
of the 2013 European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) Excellence in Practice (EIP) awards, in recognition of their outstanding learning & development programme “Corporate Turnaround: Focusing, Aligning and Building for Success”.
- Jean TIROLE and his peer Bengt Holmstrom (MIT) have been awarded the 3rd ROSS PRIZE,
created in honour of the renowned finance researcher Steve Ross for the article "Public and Private Supply of Liquidity"
published in the Journal of Political Economy.